Country info Malaysia

  • Background information
  • Culture Malaysia
    There are huge differences between European and Malaysian culture. Here are a few points to help you during your stay. - Visits to sacred sites, even if they are ruins, must
  • Religion Malaysia
    The variety of religions found in Malaysia is directly proportional to the variety of different cultures throughout the country. Islam is the state religion, but every citizen
  • Festivals Malaysia
    As the Islamic calendar is based on moon position, the annual festivals are on a different day every year according to our calendar. In 2014, the Festival of Sacrifice falls o
  • Food and drinks Malaysia
    Malaysia (and also Singapore) are reputed for their sublime cuisine. As these countries have always been a melting pot of different cultures, there is an extensive range of de
  • Tipping Malaysia
    In expensive restaurants and bars, a service charge and luxury tax is included on the bill, although tips are still expected. Be careful when ordering, as tax and service char
  • Weather and climate Malaysia
    Climate: Malaysia and Singapore have a tropical climate, with lots of sun throughout the year. The temperature is consistent, at around 30 degrees during the day and a couple
  • Population Malaysia
    Malaysia has a population of just under 25 million, of which 85% live in West Malaysia. The remaining 15% live in Sabah and Sarawak. Due to its central location between the In
  • Landscape Malaysia
    Malaysia is at the heart of South-East Asia, by the equator. It has two parts separated by the South China Sea. West Malaysia is a peninsula that borders Thailand to the north
  • Practical information
  • Arrival information Malaysia
    Take it easy for the first day. Take the time to recover from the flight and get used to the different climate, culture and country. Let it slowly work its magic on you. The m
  • Time differences Malaysia
    Malaysian and Singaporean time runs 8 hours later than Greenwich Mean Time. There is no daylight saving time, so in the summer (European Summer Time) the time difference is an hour less.
  • Money Malaysia
    The amount of spending money suggested is the minimum required to pay for your meals, drinks, optional excursions, entrance fees, airport taxes and tips. The amount you actual
  • Luggage and clothing Malaysia
    Do not bring too much luggage with you. Clothes can be bought on this holiday for very cheap prices should you bring too little. Furthermore, almost every hotel has a laundry
  • Electricity Malaysia
    Malaysia (and Singapore) have reliable power systems and 220-240 volt, 50-hertz alternating current. Standard three-pin plugs are used, so Brits have no need to bring adapters.
  • Safety Malaysia
    Malaysia and Singapore are relatively safe countries to visit, and the people are friendly and honest. However, you should still keep an eye on your possessions. Always keep y
  • Health Malaysia
    Assuming you follow a routine of good hygiene and skin care, you should have no problems in Asia. The following points are intended to help ensure a healthy journey. Food and
  • Information for people at home Malaysia
    Make sure that those at home know which country you are in and how long you are planning to stay away. You may fix a date when you will contact them again. Provide those picki
  • Photographs Malaysia
    Good quality film is generally widely available, especially in the larger cities. Film for slides is harder to find, so bring them from home if you want them. Film can be deve
Wrong entry
Please enter valid email address
Email already exists
The entered email address already exists.
Please enter a different email address to subscribe to the newsletter.
Sorry, something went wrong.
Something went wrong, our apologies. Please try to refresh the page.
Success

You have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!

Subscribe for weekly newsletter

Subscribe