Choose your trip type
All trips
Group toursGroup tours
Single toursSingle tours
Tailor made holidaysTailor made holidays
Group tours GROUP TOURS
Single tours SINGLE TOURS
Tailor made holidays TAILOR MADE HOLIDAYS

Search by date

My date is flexible by

Search by month

My Chosen departure date: {{getDatePlaceholder()}} /

Country info Uzbekistan

  • Background information
  • Culture Uzbekistan
    During your time in Uzbekistan tea is the first thing you are offered. The tea is drunk from so-called pyala bowls and is seen as a sign of hospitality. Before you take your f
  • Religion Uzbekistan
    About 90 percent of people in Uzbekistan are Muslim, the Sunnis have more support than the Shiites. The remaining 10 percent of Uzbeks are Russian Orthodox. Religious freedo
  • Language Uzbekistan
    The official language of Uzbekistan is Uzbek. This Turkic language originally made use of the Arabic script, the Latin script, and then from the Cyrillic script. In 1933, the
  • Festivals Uzbekistan
    Uzbekistan has many national holidays and commemoration days to commemorate independence, wars and martyrs. Furthermore you have New Year's Party (January 1), International Wo
  • Food and drinks Uzbekistan
    The Uzbek kitchen is maybe a little heavy in our eyes. The standard dish in Uzbekistan, Plov, consists of rice with mutton, onions, carrots and raisins. Laghman is a kind of n
  • Tipping Uzbekistan
    Drivers, guides and hotel staff do appreciate a small tip. Some (more expensive) restaurants sometimes put a ten to fifteen percent service charge on the bill. This also happe
  • Weather and climate Uzbekistan
    The climate in Uzbekistan means that the summers (May to October) are quite dry and hot. Due to the low humidity, these temperatures are still ok to travel in. In winter, whic
  • Population Uzbekistan
    Uzbekistan has an area of ​​447 400 km ². Of this area, only a small portion is fertile. The population of Uzbekistan is made up of over three quarters Uzbek, 6 percent R
  • Landscape Uzbekistan
    Uzbekistan largely consists of desert. The vast lowlands in the west consists of the Kyzyl Kum desert (red sand) and the Chorasmia oasis on the lower reaches of the Amu Darya
  • Practical information
  • Background information Uzbekistan
  • Time differences Uzbekistan
    Uzbekistan is in the time zone UTC / GMT +5 hours. The country has no Daylight Saving Time, this means that the country has no summer or wintertime as they know it in England.
  • Money Uzbekistan
    The currency of Uzbekistan is the Uzbekistan Sum (UZS). This currency has notes of 1000, 500, 200, 100 and 50 Sum. The Tyin is the equivalent of the penny. 1 euro equals 2900
  • Luggage and clothing Uzbekistan
    We recommend you to bring your luggage in a backpack to Uzbekistan. The weight of your luggage can usually be limited to ten kilos (22 pounds) per person. It is useful to brin
  • Electricity Uzbekistan
    In Uzbekistan, the line voltage is 220 volts. Don’t forget to pack an adapter, a flashlight and spare batteries.
  • Safety Uzbekistan
    In general, Uzbekistan is safe for tourists. Most of the locals are hospitable and friendly but do not show wads of money on the streets.
  • Health Uzbekistan
    Travellers to Uzbekistan who pay some attention to hygiene and skincare don't usually run into health problems, apart from some harmless intestinal complaints. Food and drin
  • Information for people at home Uzbekistan
    Make sure that those at home know which country you are in and how long you are planning to stay away. You may fix a date when you will contact them again. Provide those picki
  • Photographs Uzbekistan
    Uzbekistan is a photogenic country, not only because of the nature but also because of the people. If you want to take pictures of the Uzbekistan people during your trip, alwa
Wrong entry
Please enter valid email address
Email already exists
The entered email address already exists.
Please enter a different email address to subscribe to the newsletter.
Sorry, something went wrong.
Something went wrong, our apologies. Please try to refresh the page.

You have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!

Subscribe for newsletter